Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chelsea Handler Admits to Having an Abortion at 16

Chelsea Handler Admits to Having an Abortion at 16

Chelsea Handler has never been known for holding back her opinions -- she recently trashed Angelina Jolie in the press and told Piers Morgan to "f*** off." So it's not surprising that in an interview with the New York Times, the Chelsea Lately talk-show host rants against the MTV show 16 and Pregnant. What might come as a shocker? Handler admits to having an abortion when she was a teen.

"I had an abortion when I was 16," she tells the Times. "Because that's what I should have done. Otherwise I would now have a 20-year-old kid. Anyway, those are things that people shouldn't be dishonest about it."

But just because Handler was 16 and pregnant doesn't mean that she believes a show called 16 and Pregnant is a good idea. "We're seeking out such grossness in human behavior and want such mindless entertainment," she says. "The Real Housewives of Atlanta and some of these other shows are more racist. Or 16 and Pregnant. Getting rewarded for being pregnant when you're a teenager? Are you serious? I mean, that makes me want to kill somebody."

One aspect of her life that Handler certainly won't be dishing about is her relationship with current boyfriend, hotelier Andre Balazs. "If somebody asks you not to speak about them -- or make fun of them publicly, I should say -- then you try to respect that," she says. "Obviously you can't avoid that entirely, because I'm not a liar and I'm not going to lie about anything, really. But, yeah, I won't be discussing our personal life -- before, during or after our relationship."

That said, Handler does like to deliver a good ribbing when it's called for. "I try to make fun of everyone as often as possible, especially minorities," she says. "I'm a Jewish woman, so ..."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/chelsea-handler-admits-having-abortion-16/1-a-353059

Jennifer ODell Jennifer Scholle Jennifer Sky Jenny McCarthy

No comments:

Post a Comment