Saturday, September 24, 2011

John Travolta Plans to Fly Family Around the World

John Travolta Plans to Fly Family Around the World

John Travolta is rich enough to have a private airline pilot at his beck and call -- but flying is one duty he'd prefer to take on himself. The actor recently made that clear by adding a new Learjet to his aircraft collection.

The Bombardier Challenger 601 is a luxury business jet that seats 12 and reportedly costs millions of dollars. At a press conferences introducing his new plane, Travolta (who's a newly announced brand ambassador for the company) explained that thinks of it as a family vehicle.

"My family fortunately loves traveling," Travolta, 57, told People on Tuesday. "Whenever I say, 'I have to go to Australia or Paris,' they say, 'When are we going? I'm there.'"

Travolta started taking flying lessons at age 15 and got his pilot's license at 23, all while maintaining a Broadway and film career.

"I love (flying) so much that I built my house next to a (runway) so I could fly my jet to my front door," he told reporters.

So while the majority of family's hop into their minivan or SUV for a roadtrip, the Travoltas -- including wife Kelly Preston, 48, and kids Ella Bleu, 11, and baby Benjamin, 9 months -- will be jumping into their new plane for some jet-setting around the globe!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/john-travolta-plans-fly-family-around-world/1-a-385226

Emilie de Ravin Emma Heming Emma Stone Emma Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment