Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stefano Langone Says He Has The 'Swag' To Sing Hip-Hop Hooks

'I'm up for anything,' he tells MTV News of his post-'American Idol' path.
By Jim Cantiello


Stefano Langone
Photo: MTV News

They say old habits die hard, and nobody knows that more than recently eliminated "American Idol" contestant Stefano Langone. His time on "Idol" was plagued by a pesky penchant for singing with his eyes closed, which prevented viewers from completely connecting with his emotional performances (and, let's face it, his boyish good looks).

"When Jimmy Iovine told me, 'You gotta be sexy,' I'm sitting there like, 'Why haven't I been sexy on the show yet?' " Stefano told MTV News on Monday (April 25).

So when it came time to sing Ne-Yo's "Closer," Stefano knew he'd crash and burn without upping the flirt factor.

Luckily, Langone had a secret weapon during rehearsals that ultimately helped him perfect his sizzling open-eyes smolder: estrogen. Vocal coach Debra Byrd whipped Stefano into shape thanks to what she called her "estrogen meter."

"If [Byrd's] estrogen meter was high enough, then I passed. If it wasn't, [she'd say] 'No, that wasn't right. The estrogen meter was saying that was lower. You need to go higher. We need more on that line.' So it works out," Langone laughed.

But don't expect to see Stefano's lady-killer side in real life. "Women for me right now — before, maybe not, but right now, it's definitely second to all the music stuff and my family," Langone said, adding, "I'm on a mission right now, man. And ain't nothin' gettin' in the way of my mission."

The hyper-focused singer is determined to go the Bruno Mars route by getting a prime spot on an MC's record, citing Jay-Z and Ludacris as dream collaborators (alongside John Legend and Usher). "I got the soul, I got the swag to get on those kinds of hooks and choruses. I'm up for anything. Anybody who wants to work, I'm gonna be down for it and I'm gonna be working for it," Langone said.

In the meantime, you'll be able to catch Stefano on the American Idols Live! Tour this summer.

Don't miss "Idol Party Live" every Thursday at noon on MTV.com for analysis, celebrity guests and even some karaoke — get in the conversation by tweeting with the hashtag #idolparty! In the meantime, get your "Idol" fix on MTV News' "American Idol" page, where you'll find all the latest news, interviews and opinions.

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1662648/american-idol-stefano-langone.jhtml

Charlies Angels Charlize Theron Chelsea Handler Cheryl Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment