Thursday, April 21, 2011

Demi Lovato Has Bipolar Disorder

Singer opens up about her struggles in an interview with People.
By Jocelyn Vena


Demi Lovato
Photo: Jon Kopaloff/ Getty Images

Nearly a week after she tweeted her support for Catherine Zeta-Jones' decision to get treatment for bipolar disorder, Demi Lovato revealed her own struggle with the illness.

"I never found out until I went into treatment that I was bipolar," Lovato told People magazine. "Looking back it makes sense. There were times when I was so manic, I was writing seven songs in one night and I'd be up until 5:30 in the morning." She added that she has "battled depression from a very young age."

Recently, Lovato has been open about her issues with eating disorders and self-mutilation. "I feel like I am in control now where my whole life I wasn't in control," she said of her life post-treatment. In order to stay healthy, Lovato made the decision to leave Disney Channel's "Sonny With a Chance" and work on music instead.

Her focus is not only this new chapter in her career, but also the ability to connect with others who might be dealing with the issues she struggles with. "What's important for me now," she said, "is to help others."

Lovato will also discuss her issues in an interview airing Friday on "Good Morning America" and "20/20." Regardless of what she's dealing with now, she's made it clear that she's hoping to help her fans. "The real reason why I'm sitting down with you is to open up the eyes of so many young girls, that it doesn't have to be this way," she said in the chat with Robin Roberts.

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1662394/demi-lovato-bipolar-disorder.jhtml

Evangeline Lilly Eve Fergie Foxy Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment