Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Best Survival Gun



With Father's Day not to far into our future, the burning question arises, what do I get dad for Father's Day? Well a perfect solution to that problem would be to get dad a gift card to his favorite place to shop.

For several years, I used the Remington 170 grain hollow points. These were deadly Deer takers! I stopped using them when I shot a large 8 point at about 80 yards. I later found the fragmented bullet on the far front leg, a few inches above the elbow, where it had broken the bone. I wasn't crazy about finding pieces of my bullet even if it had went through the buck and busted his leg on the far side. I went back to the 170 grain soft nosed bullets.

Colt has been a gun maker for more than 160 years now. It is one of the top names in quality and precision. As a matter of fact, Colt is considered as one of the most popular firearms production companies of all times. Colt Arms was originally founded in 1847 by Samuel Colt. The company produced it's famously reliable Walker Colt revolver and was first achieved wide recognition in the gun world because of it. Also Colt is known for the Colt 1911 pistols, and Colt resources rifles.

Harris will be put in front of a judge next week for drug charges found on him and his wife in Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood last month. This could cause serious problems for the rapper who is currently on probation for a previous charge of unlawful possession of firearms purchased in 2008. According to Reuters, T.I. was caught by undercover ATF agents in '08 who arrested him hours before he was supposed to perform at the BET awards. He served nine months in jail for the crime.

A commentary on Slate.com by Abby Ohlheiser is titled "Plans for an Armed, July 4 March on Washington Can't Possibly End Well" also warns of anticipated dire consequences of the planned march.

The entry is marked by a city sign, posts and a yellow bar in the center of the trail to prevent unwanted vehicles from entering. The usual prohibitions are posted for those who want to ride their horse, motorized vehicle or hunting rifle. All of these are not permitted.

It was really in two segments. The first, in the late '80s and early '90s, was resolving the issues around my Dad. I just started seeing a lot of impact in my life that I finally narrowed down to Dad, and which actually are described in the book I published, "Freedom's Just Another Word." I had worked with a mentor in a 12 step program specifically for people who grew up in an alcoholic family, who showed me how to do exercises first to find my inner child - he was hidden in a corner of the room at that time, and didn't feel safe. Then to begin to honor, work with and heal my inner child. I just got better at doing over time.

A lot of inner child work involved. As a matter of fact, that will be the topic of my next book," And Then I Stop", about a writer's block I had that resulted from Grandma! I've done some amazing inner child work this past summer, and powerful healing has resulted from it. I've got that next book laid out now, because I just finished living through the events at the end of that book.

Pack clothes that will keep you warm and dry while hunting, and make sure you have a first aid kit stocked will all the basics. Also pack enough food to keep you going for the long days hunting outdoors - energy bars are good, as they take up little space but pack a lot of nutrition. Once you know where you're going and what the weather will be like, packing for an elk or deer hunt is merely a matter of common sense and smart planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment