Monday, October 10, 2011

'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Shares Steve Jobs Story

'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Shares Steve Jobs Story

Glee star Harry Shum Jr. wrote a personal tribute on his blog to former Apple CEO Steve Jobs, who died Oct. 5 at age 56.

Unlike many celebrities who took to Twitter to mourn the loss of the visionary technology executive, Shum, 29, actually had a connection to Apple. Before he showed off his amazing moves as Mike Chang, Shum was one of the infamous "silhouette dancers" in the commercial that launched one of Apple's first major iPod ad campaigns.

"I was asked to do a test commercial shoot for an Apple product which didn’t mean much to me at the time. Some music player that holds all your songs. Sounded cool to me and I never gave up an opportunity to work especially with the possibility of it turning into a national commercial," Shum writes on his blog. "Coolest job I did in that time. Just for the fact that I was chosen for my dancing and just my dancing alone. It was a silhouette of me so looks and race didn't play into it unlike most of the jobs I would audition for."

Shum, who went on to appear in several more iPod commercials, finally met Jobs at the 2009 Oscars.

"As I approached him, I interrupted a conversation he was having with Disney’s Bob Iger," writes Shum Jr. "I told him about how I did the iPod ads and have always wanted to meet him. I was speaking at 100 mphs and not sure if I was making coherent sentences. He just smiled at me and said, 'That’s great! Thank you for all your hard work you put into it. Those were great ads.'"

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/glee-star-harry-shum-jr-shares-steve-jobs-story/1-a-389098

Jennifer ODell Jennifer Scholle Jennifer Sky Jenny McCarthy

No comments:

Post a Comment