Friday, May 18, 2012

Justin Bieber's 'Boyfriend' Gets Grown-Up Remix By Ying Yang Twins

Rap duo put their signature sexy stamp on the Believe track.
By Jocelyn Vena

<P>When <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/bieber_justin/artist.jhtml">Justin Bieber</a> dropped his single "Boyfriend" last month, some music connoisseurs compared the track to the <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/ying_yang_twins/artist.jhtml">Ying Yang Twins</a>' 2005 hit "Wait (The Whisper Song)." The song's tempo and production, Bieber's lyrical delivery, and the general whispery, low-key vibe of the track are reminiscent of the Twins' track.</P><P>Well, the Ying Yang Twins returned the favor on Wednesday by <a href="https://twitter.com/#!/yingyangtwins" target="_blank">dropping their remix</a> of the song. The track opens with the Twins proclaiming, "Ying Yang and Justin Bieber, oh!" and from there, they spit some sexy lines about whisking a girl off her feet.</P><P></p><div class="player-placeholder right" title="'Boyfriend' Shows Off Justin Bieber's 'New Fresh Sound'" id="vid:765693" width="415" height="255"></div><p></P><P>"I don't wanna be your boyfriend, I wanna be your man/ He a little-bitty boy, I'm a grown man/ I can take you overseas, a harmless breeze/ Then you and me can have sex on the beach/ I bet you ain't never met someone like me/ I'm the broom, you the dust pan/ Sweep you off your feet/ You can be my woman, I can be your man/ If you got a little sister, Justin Bieber want to be her boyfriend," the Twins rap before Bieber's version comes back in.</P><P>The guys pick it up one more time, making a similar testament about their grown-man prowess. However, what they want to offer their lyrical love interest doesn't seem to differ much from what Bieber's offering, with a big emphasis on traveling around the world ... though without the fondue and Buzz Lightyear references.</P><P>Produced by Mike Posner and Mason Levy, "Boyfriend" is the lead single off Bieber's June 19 album release, <a href="/news/articles/1684079/justin-bieber-believe-album-cover.jhtml"><i>Believe</a>.</i> Last Thursday he dropped the <a href="/news/articles/1684646/justin-bieber-boyfriend-video-2.jhtml">video</a> for the track, which mimics the song's more mature vibe and features him snuggling with a love interest and showing off some cool dance moves.</P><P>"Why did I choose 'Boyfriend'? I just thought it was like, of all the songs I had at that time, it was the song that most repped me at the time and [that] I wanted to put out there and what I wanted people to hear and the type of new fresh sound that I wanted to hear," Bieber told MTV News. "I thought that that was a perfect first single to come out with."</P><P></p><div class="player-placeholder right" title="Justin Bieber Wanted 'Boyfriend' Video To Be 'Mature'" id="vid:765691" width="415" height="255"></div><p></p>

Related Videos Related Photos Related Artists

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1684836/justin-bieber-boyfriend-remix-ying-yang-twins.jhtml

Desiree Dymond Diane Kruger Dido Diora Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment